Studying in Singapore is a golden opportunity that gives a platform to the students to explore the possibilities of becoming a global citizen and attain a job opportunity in their desired field. Singapore comes as a student friendly country where IELTS is not a necessary tool for eligibility check and students with gap can also apply and study at their dream campus. Campuses such as FTMI, MDIS, PSB, STEI, Coleman are few of the best campuses where students can enroll and study. Further to that, hospitality being one of the most popular programs in the country. Students can study and also have on job training i.e. OJT to get practical experience in the field.
Why Study in Singapore?
Singapore offers a high quality education to International Students in very reasonable fees. All private institutes of higher education (PEIs) are regulated by the Council for Private Education (CPE). Although Singapore is a very small country yet it has an extremely stable economy. Endless career opportunities and western ideologies in education system are for students in Singapore for their better future. Moreover, unemployment rate in Singapore is very low which attracts lot of International Students.
Reasons to study in Singapore:
- Singapore provides the world-class education in very affordable fee. Students can balance out their costs because of its proximity to India.
- Indian students don't face any problem there as majority of Singaporeans can understand English.
- Singapore supports multicultural environment which is beneficial for International students.
- A degree from Singapore is globally accepted for employability.
Requirements to Study in Singapore
Singapore is currently the host of two Universities positioned in the best 15 International Universities. and two in the best 3 in Asia, as indicated by the QS World University Rankings 2016. The Colleges/Universities in Singapore are recognized especially for their technology and engineering courses, and also those in natural sciences. Singapore is thought to be one of the main educational countries in Asia. Students need a study permit to enter in Singapore for study purpose. The requirements for applying study permit of Singapore are:
The requirements for applying study permit of Singapore are:
- A valid passport.
- Students must carry the arrival/departure card to enter in Singapore.
- Passport size photographs with white background.
- Photocopy of approval letter.
- A medical report
How to Apply Study Visa for Singapore
Singapore attracts International students because of its supportive and multicultural environment. In Singapore, every visa is referred to as ‘PASS’ which includes Student Pass, employment pass and social visit pass etc. Students have to submit new applications for student pass at least one month before the start of course to avoid any problem. Students can submit their application for student pass on official registration system. The procedure to apply for Study Visa in Singapore is as:
- Student must have an offer letter from a higher Educational Institute in Singapore to apply for Study Visa.
- Then, fill the Student Pass Application form very carefully with the help of experts.
- Provide all the required documents and wait.
- Ready to fly!
Work while you Study
Every International Student bothers about part time job. But there is nothing to worry if he/she is studying in Singapore. A part time job is also necessary to earn enough to cut daily expenses. A Foreign Student studying in any of the institution approved by the Ministry of Manpower, is allowed to do part-time job for 16 hours/week and even full time during vacations. Moreover, apart from work visa and opportunities, there are certain short-term activities in Singapore, which don't require any work visa. These activities include seminars, journalism etc. But you must notify the MOM (Ministry of Manpower), that you are planning to work in a work pass exempt activity.