Canada has been a hot destination for immigration since the turn of 21st century. With vast areas lying uninhabited and unparalleled potential for a better career, prosperous life and stable future Indians have been making bee lines for migration to this North American nation. Today with the most of globe reeling under the debt crisis post global meltdown, Canadian economy is one of those few nations which is in flamboyant moods and is in need of consistent inflow of migrant workers for to address structural deficiencies in labor pool.
Immigration to Canada is possible through
- Federal trained proficient migrant-FSWP
- Provincial sponsorship scheme-PNPs
Most popular passage to Canada from India has been under federal skilled migration regime. This program offers an unparalleled freedom to travel and work anywhere in Canada. Currently this program is undergoing a transformation and efforts are on to make FSWP more responsive to needs of Canadian economy. There are some considerable changes being planned and once implemented (tentative date of enforcement of these amendments is January 2013) focus of immigration regime will shift to more need based skilled migration (as some trades have been kept in restricted professions class to curtail inflow of migrants in professions where there is a sizeable presence of local work force).
Proposed modifications put the operateability on National occupational classification – NOC and all future regime indicators will function in close collusion with NOC.
Emphasis of federal migration system is going to be on encouraging younger emigrants to participate in labor pool for a longer period. Besides age, there are other systematic modifications being planned to facelift immigration set-up.
Language ability has been prioritized in new system as language is considered an important element in ability of migrants and their spouses to adapt in local socio-economic scenario efficiently and effectively!
Likewise, overseas employment experience in nominated trade is not going to carry more weight as this aspect of migrant’s profile is not considered to be favorable for ability to be hired initially
Bearings of changes will be observed in point’s evaluation of a migrant. Most important step of new regime will be getting overseas academic credentials evaluated from a specified assessment agency. Only candidates with positive or neutral verification advice will be able to file for permanent residence.
A new classification “Federal Skilled Trade Class” is being introduced. This new incorporation has been planned as a move to appreciate needs of provisional requirements of Canadian labor pool. To qualify for this scheme you would need to either have a job offer on hand with tenure of minimum 1 year.
Another passage to migrate to Canada is through provincial sponsorship. Different states have been running their independent sponsorship programs in coordination with citizenship and immigration Canada. States have freedom to maneuver their programs and sponsor people as per distinct and local aspirations. Provincial schemes are based on requirements of different sectors of states and do not rely on federal immigration structure.
Critical aspects that you would need to prove for any program be it federal or PNP are Education
- Financial eligibilities
- Work exposure
- Linguistic skills
- Adaptability factors and contribution capacity in economic aspects
Having an on hand job offer can have additional advantage.
Express Entry Canada 2015 for Federal Skilled Workers
With effect from 1st January 2015, Canadian Government has introduced a new process for selection of skilled professionals and tradespersons wishing to immigrate to Canada and live and work in Canada as a permanent Resident. The new Canada skilled immigration selection process introduced by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and called Express Entry to Canada has generated a lot of excitement and rightfully so.
Thankfully, with announcement of Express Entry points under comprehensive Ranking system (CRS) and Express entry application process, the applicants can start filing their applications to be filed under Federal Skilled worker Class for immigration to Canada.
Our opinion and view is that this opens door for immigration to Canada for interested Candidates like never
Here are key features of the Canada Express Entry Program:
- The Express entry program (EEP) to Canada changes the selection process and not selection criteria for migrants wanting to settle down in Canada as a skilled worker. So now, the applicants can apply for immigration to Canada only after they are invited to apply (ITA) under federal skilled worker program by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- EEP has an additional stage whereby applications are lodged into a Pool. The application stay in the pool for a year. Interested candidates need to re-enter if they continue to be interested and if they did not receive the ITA during the one-year period while the application was in pool.
- Canada express entry comprehensive ranking system (CRS) is applied to applications submitted and acknowledged in the pool. Under the CRS, it is beneficial (in case of married applicants) for both the spouses to offer their IELTS and WES report summaries.
- Candidates filing the on-line express entry form are asked to provide information related to his qualifications, experience, occupation, Language skills, Canadian Education, Canadian Experience, Spousal language skills as also presence of any blood relations in Canada – whichever is applicable. The on-line express entry form also asks queries related to their preference as regards the province in which they wish to settle down.
- After the application is filed and accepted into the express entry pool, the candidate is issued a personal reference number. Using this number, he can submit his profile into the Canada job Bank. These profiles are open for assess of Canadian Employers and provinces. The employers can select the ones that they like and issue a confirmed offer. Likewise, the provinces can nominate a chosen idate and nominate him under the provincial quota. Either way, the candidate gets additional 600 points, which enhances his possibility of being selected from the pool.
- So starting point is getting into the pool and rest will follow. Almost everyone has a chance of being getting a Canada permanent residence visa!
- Regular draws are being taken from the pool and candidates appearing higher in the ranking in the pool will be selected. It is NOT A MUST that a candidate has confirmed job offer from a Canadian Employer to be eligible to get an invite to apply (ITA) for PR visa. In fact, applications without a job offer or any kind of Canadian credential are being regularly accepted from the pool since the program inception.
- An express entry draw is a highly transparent process and announcements are made about the date of draw, the cut-off rank and the number of candidates who are picked out of pool. The basis for selection from the express entry pool is comprehensive Ranking system (CRS).
- Under Express entry program Candidates under majority of occupations are now eligible for filingthe application under the federal skilled worker program. This is a marked shift from Canadian Skilled Immigration policy of recent years whereby limited number of occupations was opened for applications every year. In addition, there used to be quotas’ attached to number of applications that could be filed under each of the permitted occupation under federal skilled worker program. All that has changed under the Canada Express Entry. There are no per occupation quotas’ to deal with – only annual quotas for skilled category is what you need to watch out for! Things cannot get more liberal.
- Candidates chosen form the express entry pool must ensure that they meet the federal points based selection criteria of 67 and also document checklist requirements. He will then be asked to indicate which of the economic class migrant programs he is making the application under – Federal Skilled Worker Class, Canadian Experience Class, Canada Foreign Tradesperson class.
Interested Candidates can send us their details for assessment.