Australia offers a multi-cultural ambience which makes it the best country for Students. Good educational system and a high quality lifestyle makes Australia, the best nation for higher education. Australian Institutes are attracting International Students from every part of the world.
International Students from all over the world come to Australia to get a world-class higher education and progressive training which can be very beneficial for their future also. Number of International students applying in Australia for higher studies is increasing rapidly.
Australia welcomes International students with its safe environment. In Australia, students can do more research and participate in debates to increase their confidence and knowledge. Students prefer to spend time in laboratories to conduct new research. Students have to adjust in these new learning methods to become successful.
Why Study in Australia?
After UK and US, Australia has a number of students from every part of the world. Many world’s top universities are present in this country. Australia is well-known in research, high quality and educational opportunities. Australis is among the fastest developing regions near Asia.
Australia is becoming a dream-destination country among global students, particularly Indians. Many top ranked universities are present in this country.
- Education System: Education System in Australia is governed by The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). To facilitate pathways to and through formal qualifications is the major objective of AQF. International students studying in Canada surely gain formal recognition.
- Safe Environment: Australia provides safe environment to Students as it is like a second home away from home. Almost all Australian Institutes offer programs to make the study experience of students amazing.
- Scholarships: As a third largest country in the world to attract International Students, Australia offers many scholarship schemes to students as a mean of financial aid every year.
- Work while studying: Unlike many other countries, foreign Students have permission to work while studying in Australia to cut cost of living and studying. Students can do part time job of 20 hours in a week.
Requirements to Study in Australia
Australia is famous for its practical and high-quality Education System. So, it's one of the top choices for Students who want to pursue higher education in abroad. Securing admission in Australian Institutes is a very competitive process. Admission procedure in different Australian Institutes may be differ, but admission requirements and eligibility criteria is almost same for all Educational Institutes. To apply for study visa at any Australian Institute, students need to have the following documents available and ready with them.
- English Language requirement: Proof of an English Language Test is mandatory for foreign Students almost in all Australian Institutes. Students should check carefully on the Institution website for any English Language requirements.
- Academic requirements: The academic documents requirement to study in Australia may vary depending on level of education. Following are the required academic documents to study in Australia.
- Marksheet of 10+2
- Marksheet of Graduation (if applicable)
- Passport size photographs
- Academic documents of recent qualification
- College fee receipt (recommended)
- Scholarship letter (if any)
- Any relevant correspondence with the institution
- Language Proficiency Certificate (IELTS , PTE , TOEFL)
- Visa requirements: Key requirements for Australian Study Visa are:
- Proof of an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
- Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- Academic and Work experience documents.
- Sufficient fund proof
- A valid passport
- Overseas Student Health Cover:In Australia, Student Health Cover (OSHC) is health cover for students from different countries, by which you are eligible to pay for your hospital care during study in Australia. You can maintain OSHC for the duration of your stay in Australia.
How to Apply Australian Study Visa
It is important to fulfill the requirements of Australian Student Visa Application in order to avoid delay in processing time. You also must be a registered full time course with an educational institutes in Australia. Be acquainted with requirements and the entire procedure before applying for a Australian Student Visa. Student should apply for a Student Visa if duration of the course is more than 3 months. Australia has shown a steady increment in granting student visas to Indian Students to study in Australia.
To apply for Australian Student Visa, student must follow this process:
Step 1: Get offer letter of an Australian Institute.
Step 2: Complete all the documents like SOP, Recommendation Letters, Resume as per the requirements to save time in visa process.
Step 3: Complete an Australian Student Visa application form carefully.
Step 4: After completing application form, students require scanned copies of required documents to upload.
Step 5: Pay the application fees which depends on your home country (Application fees is different for different countries).
Step 6: Apply!
Step 7: Wait for the confirmation mail.
Work while Study in Australia
Students have facility to work while studying in Australia. Once visa application has been affirmed, then students should check visa conditions to get information of allowed working hours. Students also should comply with the laws of Australia. Generally, students require commencement of course to get permission of work. Remember, visa may be cancelled in case of violation of work conditions.
Australia provides facility to work upto 40 hours per fortnight. A fortnight is a time period of 14 days beginning on any Monday and ending on the second following Sunday. 40 hours a fortnight of students is calculated in this way once course begins.
- week one - 15 hours work
- week two - 25 hours work
- week three - 25 hours work
- week four - 10 hours work