Ranked amongst the top 10 countries in the Quality of Life Index by the United Nations, Canada is famous for its high-quality education, the multiplicity of programs in various streams and for its excellent educational institutions. Canada is a land of diverse people and majestic landscapes. More than 1,30,000 students choose Canada for higher studies every year. International Students carry their rich culture to the Canadian classrooms which welcome their knowledge and skills to their Colleges and Universities. The provinces manage Colleges, Universities and Education in Canada.
According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Canada spends more per capita on its Education System than any other country. For more details, students can fetch information from the College or University in which they wish to study. Canada is a dream education destination of many students. Canadian Institutes with first-class infrastructure offer an easy access to a wide variety of technology. As Canada is a safe country for pursuing education.
Studying in Canada gives many opportunities to students. Canada is very famous nation for students who want a globally-recognized degree. Canada is the developed country and provides higher education to students from all over the world. Canada is famous for its education system. Canadian degree is considered equivalent to the degrees from US, Australia and other Europe countries.
SDS : Study Direct Stream
Study visa rules have been changed for foreign students by the Canadian government. New Visa processing program named as Study Direct Stream (SDS), includes many modifications in the process of study visa. Under SDS program, students have opportunity to get admission in various top Colleges or Universities of Canada.
Benefits of SDS program:
- The study visa processing has been fastened under Study Direct Stream (SDS).
- SDS program has reduced the documentation process.
- Many options are available to choose the desired College.
Why Study in Canada?
Reasons to Join Canadian Institutes
Huge number of collective courses with practical approach makes Canada a good destination to study abroad. The foremost goal of Canadian Education System is to make students successful in every aspect of life.
International Students holding a Canadian degree can work across the globe in highly reputable sectors. Many diploma, degree programs are available for students from different countries in Canadian academic institutes.
International students can continue Education in Canada’s top Universities because of the reasonable fee structure as compared to other nations. Canadian degrees are well reputed. Students can also work while studying to get benefit of certain Internship opportunities. Moreover, there are huge number of benefits of studying in Canada.
- Multicultural Society: Canada provides a multicultural environment to International students. Students from different parts of the world are studying in Canadian Institutes so it is the main attraction of Canadian Institutes. Toronto and Ontario are declared as the best International cities by Fortune Magazine.
- Canadian Lifestyle: Canada is the best residential area of the world according to UN survey. Canada is ranked as number One for the past 9 consecutive years. Canada gets a high score because of its high-quality Education System, less crime rate, less violence, reasonable living cost etc.
- Work Opportunities: Students can work part-time in Canada during their academic course by which they can be able to pay their daily expenses. The maximum duration of part time work is 20 hours/Week. Where students who have opted co-op program can work full time.
- Living standard: International students usually get fascinated by the living style of Canadians because they have one of the highest living standards. Major cities of Canada have a variety of shopping centres, art centres, restaurants, Colleges, Universities etc. Moreover, post-secondary campuses of Canada are wired with the latest in sophisticated technology.
- Reasonable expenses: Inflation rate of Canada is very low as compared to industrial countries, in the past three years. Tuition fees for foreign students in Canada is much lower than their counterparts in competing countries. Moreover, educational quality of Canadian Institutes is excellent in very affordable fees. So, admissions in Canadian Institutes are more competitive for Students from different nations.
- Research Value Research plays an important role in acquiring advanced knowledge. The Canadian universities run many scholarship programs to encourage talented students. Moreover, depending upon the research topic, The Canadian government and private business entities may offer to cover the entire cost of the research which makes it more appealing to study in Canada.
Requirements for Canada Study Visa
Students have to meet several requirements for getting admission in Canadian Colleges or Universities. Students must have an offer letter of the College/University before applying for study permit. Moreover, students must have an IELTS score card with minimum 6 band in each module. Some documents are also required for Canadian Visa process.
- A valid passport: Passport is the main requirement for any kind of visa. Students require a valid passport in order to become eligible for applying a Study visa. According to the Canadian High Commission, International students must have a passport with a validity that can cover their intended stay in Canada.
- Proof of Funds: Students have to show proof of Funds at the time of Study Visa Application. Such funds are to prove that a student has enough funds to pay tuition fees for one year as well as daily expenses. So, GIC proof of Scotiabank/ICICI Bank is required for the study visa application of Canada.
- Passport Size Photographs: Students need two passport sized photographs of given standards.
- Image size should be at least 35 mm X 45 mm.
- The Image should not be older than 6 months.
- Background should be plain or white.
- Immigration Medical Examination (IME): International Students who want to go Canada for higher study have to pass through a compulsory Immigration Medical Examination. Students have to visit the listed doctors for a Medical examination, preferably a week before the starting of Visa Application.
Some additional documents may be requested by the Interviewer including:
- Academic Documents
- Score Card of Language Proficiency Test
- Scholarship letter (if applicable)
How to Apply Canadian Study Visa
Students must have a Canadian Study Permit in order to study in Canada. application can be applied online or through a paper application. this paper application can be obtained from the citizenship and immigration canada (cic) website. but it is recommendable to check the processing time in advance as paper applications typically take about twice as long.
Here is the process for obtaining a Canadian Student Visa:
- Check the processing time: The procedure of visa application usually takes 3-4 weeks. So, students must go through the Canadian consulate website to know the approximate time required for the process of student visa. Always remember, the time shown in the website is just an estimate, not a guarantee.
- Determine your way to apply: There are two ways to apply for Student Visa.
- Online: Student must have access to a scanner or camera to generate copy of your documents for uploading and a valid credit card for fee payment for applying Visa online.
- In person: Download the application form after reading the instructions carefully. Complete your application form with the help of these instructions.
- Fill a consent form to get the full assistance Visa Filing Process. You can get help of consultants for this process.
- Pay Processing Fee: Visa fees in addition to embassy charges must be paid to complete the application process. This processing fee is non-refundable. Moreover, if your spouse/common-law partner/children are accompanying you on your temporary visa, then appropriate processing fees must be paid for them.
- Submit your application:After processing fee, submission of application form is must. Student will receive a receipt containing unique tracking number.
- After successful approval of your visa application, candidates will receive notification requesting passport by Canadian Government. Students should not worry about their visa process, Pyramid provides proper guidance about application process.
Work while Study in Canada
International Students have a opportunity of working in Canada during their study. By this, they can earn enough to pay their daily expenses. Permission of working hours is different according to the type of course. Usually, students can work up to 20 hours per week during the course and can work full time during the vacations. There are ample number of Colleges and Universities which offer Co-op/internship programs to the students. Canada offers many work permit programs to International Students, their spouses or common law partners.
- Working off-campus: Students have permission to work while studying for 20 hours in a week during academic sessions. They are allowed to work full time in their scheduled breaks.
- Co-op/ internships: These programs are available for such International students, for whom intended employment is an essential part of their study program, as certified by their Canadian academic institution.
- On-campus work opportunities: Students having valid study permits are eligible to work on-campus at the Canadian institutions.